Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finding Our Place In Life

We might as well stop comparing ourselves with others because we are not alike. We differ in so many ways that it is useless to follow in someone's footsteps. As much as we try to emulate people we look up to, somehow we do not achieve the same results as they did. So when did we stop believing in ourselves and put all our trust in others. Everyone's path is different, as is our journey. It is up to each of us to find our place in life. Once we begin to believe in who we are and trust that there is a reason we are here, then we will find where we belong. Today, do something nice for yourself. Sometimes you worry so much that you've taken the joy out of the day. There are so many blessings around you, take a moment to appreciate all that you have been given and give thanks to what you've received. Be open to the opportunities that are coming your way.
So alike, yet so different...
 
(I tend to think about things hindsight. I jump then question what I did afterwards, but by then it's too late. I don't waste time comparing myself to others because I have my own plans. So much to do, so little time to waste on looking at what others are doing. I tend to lead and don't look back to see who is following. I guess I hope that everyone else is blazing their own path. We each have to find a place to call our own)
 

No comments: