Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blessings All Around Us

Sometimes we are so busy looking for what is wrong with the world that we often overlook what is going right. Our mistakes seem to be glaring and stand out, but our successes may go unnoticed. We try so hard to find our faults that we overlook our strengths. Our life is certainly what we make it but it seems that we're always underestimating all the good in it. There are blessings all around us, if we only open our eyes to see them. At first we may not recognize them, but they are what makes life worthwhile. Today, give someone a hug. Share your blessings with others and you will see how it can change your day. You are a gift to someone's life besides your own.
Sometimes you can find beauty in between the trees...
 
(I know that I get so busy that I am oblivious to the blessings around me, that's why I run along the beach on the weekends. The beauty of the ocean reminds me of who I am and how insignificant I am in this world. I am only just a small part of the huge picture. Whatever part I'm playing, I take it seriously because I know that we are all connected in some way. If I blow my part, then I'm not sure how many people will be affected. If I'm going to be a blessing for others, than I will do what I need to do.)
 

No comments: