Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ask For Nothing

What would happen if our prayers were filled with gratitude about the blessings we have in our life? If everyone would spend one day being selfless, think of all the changes we could make. Helping strangers would become a standard instead of a bad idea because we've convinced ourselves that we wouldn't get anything out of it. The world would be filled with compassionate acts that would silence the selfish demands of what used to be the norm. If for one day, we could think beyond ourselves and what is good for us, then the universe would flow in harmony. Imagine that our spirit is filled with all that we need, then there is nothing that we would want. So just for today, let's give ourselves to the needs of others and we will be fulfilling our destiny.
She sits quietly as I walk on the path...
 
(I know that it's harder for me to be selfless when I'm going through challenging times, but my life has always been about suffering. So I just had to make a commitment to live a life of compassion understanding that life's challenges will always be there. I've come to be grateful for all that is in my life because I know that I am the person I am today because of all the hardships in my life. What is suffering but dealing with life lessons without running away.)
 

No comments: