Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Acknowledging Our Fears

There are too many times when we stop ourselves from doing things because of our fears. It may be difficult for us to understand why we can't overcome what seems to be holding us from moving forward. Fears are not always what they seem to be. Understanding that they are an important part of who we were and who we have become. Knowing this, we can appreciate that our fears are our first line of defense, protecting us from things we may not even be aware of. Instead of struggling to overcome them, it may be more beneficial for us to incorporate them in our planning. Acknowledging our fears, is the first step of walking on our path with confidence. Today, use your fears to attain your goals. They can help you to achieve what you want in life. Embrace your fears and let them lead you towards success.
Give up the control and let the kids cook...
 

(This message turned on me. I thought it would be all about overcoming  my fears and getting rid of them so I can achieve more. But it developed into something unexpected. Acknowledging my fears and letting them help me to understand myself. Everything that is a part of me, including my fears, is who I am. I have to own the fears that I have instead of using them as an excuse not to achieve what I want. Fears are the new motivation for me.)
 

No comments: