Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Your Life's Legacy

For most of us, we are too busy thinking about what we have to do today than worrying about the future. Our careers, finances, and family are some of the priorities that we are currently concentrating on. But what do we do once we've retired from our careers, established our financial goals, and our family now have families of their own. The time will come sooner than we thought possible that our elders have gone and we are now the elders. It's at this time that we reflect upon our lives. What will be our life's legacy? What mark will we leave upon this earth? Instead of waiting until our twilight years to ponder this question, begin today. Take a leap of faith and let your heart lead you on your path. Stop hiding behind your fears and break out of your habits. Live everyday, what you'd want your legacy to be.
For many, our culture is part of our legacy...
 
(I am saddened by the passing of one of my relatives. It's as if there has been a slow passing of the guards over the past few years. I feel as if my loved ones would be here forever. Although I know that they will always be with me in my heart, I still miss their physical presence. With this in mind, I wonder about my own legacy. Besides my children, I trust that my legacy will reflect how I lived my life. What is a legacy but what we extend ourselves for others.)


No comments: