Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Meaning Of Suffering

At some point in our lives, we experience suffering. It is a raw emotion that is difficult to describe because it's so personal. We all suffer differently. It is an experience that we may never forget because it stays deep within our spirit. We may question why suffering is so key to our growth. Why is it that we learn by what hurts us the most? Sometimes walking the path that is the most difficult, we become more compassionate beings. The meaning isn't in the suffering itself, but what we learn being without and coming out on the otherside into the light. Today, find the joy in pain. It may not be until after you've experience suffering that you can truly appreciate what you've been through. Know that we are all interconnected, if one suffers, the whole world suffers. There is a point where there can be peace with our suffering.
Find peace in suffering...
 
(Although it's a difficult concept to understand, I think I am beginning to wrap my mind around the idea of finding peace in suffering. If I am at peace within myself then whether I am in a state of suffering or not, I am still at peace. But if I am ill or my life is not balanced then suffering will only accentuate the negative. I guess that's why it's important to be grounded within oneself. It's not the suffering that is difficult, it's learning to appreciate and love one's self. I'm still in the process of putting all of these concepts together.)

No comments: