Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Standing Still


Sometimes when the world gets too crazy for you, it's best to just stand still. Being quiet for a moment is not avoiding the situation, rather it's taking the time to assess what is going on. You can either be swept away with what no longer makes sense or you can choose to sit on the side and watch the world go by. You won't lose anything by not participating, but may gain a better perspective of where you are on your journey. It may take standing still for you to rejuvenate your spirit, refresh your mind, and relax your body. Today, just breathe. Take care of yourself by doing what gives you peace. It's in the quiet moments that you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of.



We all relax in our own way...
 
(I find that when I'm still that's when I learn the most. There is purpose in being busy, but I don't tend to listen very well when I'm moving too quickly. This weekend, I was able to walk and spend time at the beach with my daughter. It's these quiet moments that make me feel at peace. I need to remember to make this a new habit to keep. Being at peace is the best place to be.)

No comments: