Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Listening To Your Heart


Why is it that you listen to what others say even if you know in your heart what to do? Do you not trust yourself to do the right thing? Is it in your nature to doubt your judgment? If you wait for others to tell you what to do, you would be paralyzed for most of your life. No one truly knows you but yourself, for you only share a part of yourself to others. Others may have the best intentions, but they do not understand the path that you must walk. Even those who love and care for you will try to protect you from harm, which may not be the best decision for you. Getting hurt is part of the learning process in which your spirit grows. Be still and listen to what your heart is telling you, for you may be surprised at what comes to pass this year. Today, stand up for what you believe in and take a leap of faith. It’s time that you make a difference in the world.
Treat yourself to something special...
(Sometimes I question what my heart is telling me because I fear the consequences of my actions. My heart is much braver than I am. I trust the path that I am on and believe that my journey has purpose, but I'm not sure if my heart is on the same page. I think this needs a little more thought.)

No comments: