Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Choices You Make

You are never alone for you are connected to everyone. All of your actions and decisions are based on your experiences with someone else. But no matter how much we are interconnected, you are still who you are. People can affect you by their actions and words, but you are more than your body and mind. You are a strong spirit. You can only be responsible for what you do and your reactions to what others do and say. Understanding how we are all interconnected is the first step. But following that, is to know that no matter what happens around you, you have a choice to be who you want to be. Choose wisely. Today, be happy. Pray that all the ills of the world will be resolved and that we all can live in peace. One prayer can make all the difference in changing the world.
A sailor on a whaling ship in the 1800's...
 
(I understand the concept of being interconnected. This is not a new theory, but to say that I am who I am no matter what happens around me takes more thought. I'm very reactive, so to think that it has always been my choice as to how I respond to what is happening around me is interesting. It makes me think about all that is occuring now, every experience that I'm going through and conversation I participate in. I choose to be angry, happy, frustrated, contented. It doesn't matter for I am still me. How freeing to know I have a choice. S, R, Q - You are growing up to be such wonderful adults. I am so honored to be a part of your life, for all of you are here to change the lives of others.)

No comments: