Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Releasing Old Habits

As the year begins, think about the habits that have been keeping you from moving forward. Sometimes you hold on to what is comfortable that making changes is almost impossible. No matter how much you have tried in the past, they have stayed with you over the years. It's time to take a look at them and see if they are working for you or are they hindering your journey. If your habits have kept you where you are at, then release them. The first step may be difficult, but as you move forward you will find that it becomes easier. Releasing old habits may be the key to your success this year. Today, try something new. In changing your routine, you will find that there are more opportunities for you to experience. You can be the change that you seek in your dreams.
I'm blazing my own trail...
 
(No matter how much I move forward, I sometimes go back to the tried and true even if it is not good for me. I think it's about taking things day by day and not running to hide behind a bad habit. I can't make promises that I'll not return to where I shouldn't be, but if I do I don't stay there very long. I guess that's what matters.)

No comments: