Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Am Here

There are times when life gets so busy that we're not sure where we are. We become so scattered that we are only capable of handling what is in front of us. We worry about what happened yesterday and are dreading what we've scheduled for tomorrow. How are we to focus on what we are doing in the present moment when our mind is so unfocused? It's difficult to concentrate when we are so scattered. Gathering our thoughts should be a priority but we've become too busy to stop and organize ourselves. That's why we sometimes need to remind ourselves where we should be. Even to say "I am here." with conviction. Being in the present, we can see more clearly where we have been and where we are going. Today, appreciate where life has brought you. If you are not where you want to be, then with determination and conviction of living a better life, make today the day you begin to move forward. You are here now, but tomorrow you will be where your heart desires.
The beauty of it, makes me sigh...
 
(I am the worst person to talk about the present. I'm so in the future that I've moved on before the moment has finished. I have a difficult time appreciating the here and now that I do have to remind myself the importance of where I am. Today, I saw this tatoo on this guy's wrist and all it said was "I am here." That was it. Bold lettering, no fuss. Just a reminder to where you are. I loved it. I'm not saying I'm going to get tatooed but it was awesome. Maybe I can make magnets and stick them all over as a reminder to be in the moment.)
 

No comments: