Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Follow The Leader

For many of us, we let others influence who we are. It's easier for us to follow what society decides what is normal than it is for us to follow our own unique journey. Sometimes, we don't have the strength or energy to do our own thing. Standing out, being different comes with it's own challenges that we don't want to deal with. Not really knowing what being different really means, we shy away from listening to our own spirit. At one point in our life, we may begin to question whether following others is worth not being true to ourselves. What does it take to become who we are meant to be? I'm not sure if anyone can really say. Each of us has our own path to walk which is made up of the decisions we make and the consequences that come with our actions. All that can be said is that by following others, you may never find the leader that exists within yourself. Today, do something different. Whatever it may be, have a unique experience. Life is made up with special moments that you find along the way.
Follow me and see where I lead you...
 
(I never thought about following others. I guess it's because I'm so structured. If I don't make the rules, then how do I know where I am going. I guess it comes down to trusting others to know what's best for me. No, that doesn't sound right either. Maybe there is a time and place for leadership, but right now is not the time.)

 

No comments: