Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Making Time For Your Spirit

There are times when your life feels meaningless and you drift aimlessly without focus. It seems easy enough to blame it on whatever is going on in your life at this time. But whether it is true or not, it is what you believe that matters. Your life becomes what you believe it is. During this period of indecision and stagnation, your spirit loses some of it's light because it's not being heard. When your mind closes off to all, it also becomes deaf to the messages of the spirit. The spirit does not die, but simple remains silent until you are ready to listen. As the year closes, it is time for you to shake off the doldrums and begin planning for what lay ahead. Whatever your goals are for next year, include making time for your spirit. By living a life with love and compassion, your spirit will fill the emptiness in your heart. Today, begin doing things that make you happy and feel at peace. No matter how busy you get during this time of year, make time for yourself. For by caring for yourself, you will be able to help others. Your life reflects what you believe in.
Believe!
 
(When my life used to get busy, I would blame my moods on being too tired. But if I stopped for a moment, I would have realized that I created the chaos most of the time. I was responsible for overextending myself and making everyone else a priority but myself. Now, it doesn't matter how busy I get, I am still at peace. The difference is that my welfare is priority. If I'm taking care of myself, then I can help more people. I believe that can hear my spirit much more clearly since moving to Maui. In the silence, I can hear so much more. It is time to let go of all of my doubts and trust in what the universe has planned for me.)

No comments: