Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Loving Yourself

Although you were given everything you need to be a perfect spirit, sometimes it feels as if there is something missing in your life. Especially if you have shared your life with someone who is no longer here. You will have to learn to stand on your own again and be okay with the silence that now surrounds you. When you lose a loved one, it's as if a part of your heart has gone with them but somehow you survive. It may take some time to heal but the loving memories will always live on. It is at this time when being in the moment is especially important. You are no more or no less than the perfect spirit you were born with. Even in a time of loss, you can continue your life's journey by believing that the love you had with this special person will always be with you and by remembering to love yourself enough that your spirit will begin to heal. Today, is a time to give thanks to the blessings you have received. Remembering to give as much as you receive and to love yourself as much as you love those that you care for. It is time for everyone to be honest with themselves and with those they love.
 We may look at the same thing so differently...
 
(There is never a day that goes by that I don't miss my mother. But it is the love that I have for her that makes me stronger. Whenever I think of her, I know her spirit has never left me and will always be there to watch over me. The fond memories I have of her have given me the courage to be the person I was meant to be).

No comments: