Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Moment For Reflecting

As the year begins to wind down, it's time for you to take a moment to reflect upon this past year. Were you the person you thought yourself to be? Did you accomplish all that you set out to do this past year? Did you treat others with love and compassion? You may not have been the person you would have liked yourself to have been, nor accomplish the goals that you intended. But thinking back to all the people that you interacted with, did you treat them well? You may not have answers to these questions because it often times takes some thought, but you must have a general idea of how you did. A time for reflection, is what it says. A moment to think and be quiet within oneself. Not to make decisions or feel bad about what you did or didn't do. Just a moment or two of reflecting, changes the direction you decide to take in the the future. Today, think about life changes. Be ready for things to be shifted in the coming year. As you take time to reflect upon the past, use what you learn about yourself to meet the challenges of the new year.
Sit with me for awhile...
 
(I think it's important for me to get ready for the new year. Reflecting back to the past year, reminds me of how far I've come to where I am today. But there would have been no way I could have predicted where I would be and what I would be doing at this time. All I can do for now is to reflect upon how I treated others and what I'd like to do in the coming year.  I am in for many more changes coming my wa,y. I hope to keep my feet grounded and my heart open, as I continue to help everyone who crosses my path.)

No comments: