Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finding Peace

Peace is a state of mind that may seem foreign to you. Not everyone is at peace with themselves, so for some it may be an uncomfortable place to be. When your life is chaotic, you may be more used to the feeling of struggling and striving to get ahead. But it is in quiet and reflection that you see your potential and your purpose in life. Some may never experience peace in their lives, but they may still live their life with purpose. Peace comes with the acceptance that everything is as it is supposed to be, no more, no less. It is not a measure for success or potential, but a place to be when you begin to live not only for yourself but for others. Today, do something that makes you happy. When you are happy and content then your spirit relaxes and you are able to think more clearly. You will find peace when you find contentment in your life.
Let's find peace together...
 
(I am finding that peace is in my heart, so it doesn't matter how my day is going. I am always at peace. I don't know the exact moment that it happened. All I know is that I feel differently about things. I guess perspective changes when you surrender control of what is supposed to be. My world is no longer exclusively mine. It includes the lives of everyone that I interact with. Peace to me is finding that there is no right or wrong in life, but what is at this moment.)

No comments: