Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Your Mind, Ego, and Emotions

In life, it is so easy for you to lead with your mind and ego. All your actions are well planned. Even those that you feel are spontaneous are not. Your mind would not allow you to do anything so hastily and your ego would agree. The thought of what is best for you may lead you astray. For if you were to do everything that is to your benefit how would that help those that you care for. Often times your mind and ego war with your emotions. You can hear the voice within arguing that what you're planning on doing is not best for everyone, but the ego may win most of these battles. It is not a case of right or wrong, but you need to pay attention to the direction your decisions are taking you. You are responsible for your actions and how it may affect others. Know that you are more than your mind and ego when making decisions, for their consequences affect others besides yourself. With the combination of your mind, ego, and emotions, you impact the universe much more than you realize. Today, be mindful of the decisions you make. Their consequences may be long lasting. Ultimately you determine the path you take.
 Let me just sit for a moment...
 
(When I started writing this piece, I thought my decisions were directed by my mind. I'm not sure about the ego part, but definately the mind. I tend to be over analytical. But as I thought more about it, I can see where my emotions can slide through without my knowing. Prior to making any decisions, we need to have pre-thought whether to be part of the decision making process in the first place. Of what benefit does making a decision have to do with me. In most cases, it does or you wouldn't be making any decision. So here in lies, the emotion, how much does this mean to me. So I guess I do include all; my mind, ego and emotion. Hopefully to the benefit of all)

No comments: