Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Keeping Your Committments

Many of you make commitments so easily. Your promises are so many that you forget what you said during passionate times. In that moment you speak the truth, but as time passes all is forgotten. In most cases, what you promise is not as important as that the act of promising itself. There is a reason that you have made a commitment, this is what you need to remember. If you cannot keep your commitments, how are you to reach your heart's desire. It takes courage and strength to continue on your path which may be filled with unexpected twists and turns. If you do not believe that keeping your word is important, you will not understand the true purpose of your life's destiny. Think long and hard before you make any more promises to yourself and to others. Your word is what separates you from others, for everyone is unique. Today, think about the promises you have made. Be more selective when making future commitments. You only have so much time and energy that overextending yourself is foolish and you set yourself up for failure. Value yourself and the promises and commitments you make and all will be met.
Doing what we love to do takes courage...
 
(I rarely make promises or commitments because I tend to do things right away before I forget. When I think about commitments, I think more about what I commit myself to do. Working on my health will be a life long commitment that I began about a year and a half ago. It's truly been hard work, but I find peace in running and going to the beach by myself. Eating healthy has become routine for me so I don't have to think too much about it. The most difficult is to have peace of mind. Making promises and commitments is the easy part, implementing them is a challenge. I'll have to work on this for awhile.)

No comments: