Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

There Is Freedom In Knowing Who You Are

It becomes tiring living your life for others. It's not that you stop doing for others, but that you become who you think others want you to be. No one sees us for the person who we truly are because we do not reveal who we are. Even to ourselves, we are a mystery. You may not give yourself as much time as you give to others in getting to know yourself. You know more about the needs and wants of your loved ones, then you may know about yourself. If you were to take as much time and effort to discover your own hopes and dreams, strengths and weaknesses, you may see the world in a different way. There is freedom in the knowledge you gain in not only knowing but accepting who you are. Today, begin anew. Although the year is coming to a close, things are going to escalate. It would be a good time to reflect upon who you are and find a sense of peace in that person. Being in a place of balance will help you through the coming months.
There is freedom in doing what you want to do...
 
(I know that I am generally who I present myself to be, but depending who I am with, I am different. Because I am so conscious of how others are feeling, I tend to be sensitive to their emotions and act accordingly. This doesn't change who I am, but I may be more reactive if someone needs my help. Although my foundation is very strong, I'm not sure if I'll ever know who I truly am because I will always be evolving. Living with good intentions is the best I can do for today.)

No comments: