Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In The Grips Of Your Fears

There are times in life when you feel unable to move because of the fears that are lodged in your heart. It would not make sense to another if you explained the feelings that grip you, for it is only for you to understand. In fact, they are so vague that you only have a sense of foreboding that what is coming will not be fortunate for you. No matter how much you try to take apart the fears that exist in your mind, it's difficult. As hard as you try to move forward on your journey, you feel helpless when you are in their grips. It's as if you are solving a problem that has no answers. Know that your fears are only your spirit's way of protecting you from the dangers you may encounter as you journey on your path. Let your spirit know that by releasing you from your fears, you will become the person you were destined to be. Today, be in the moment. Acknowledge your fears as they come. Have the courage to face them as they try to immobilize you. It is time to move forward on your path and seek the opportunities that await you.
As beautiful as they are, they still give me the creeps...
 
(Fears are so intangible but they can stop me in my tracks. No matter what I do, my mind does a good job of creating something bigger than it is. The other day when I was at the beach there was a tiny crab, about half the size of the top of my small finger, that was crawling up my neck while I was in the water. Although I pushed it off, all I could do was focus on it's tentacles as it swam away! Then I found another one on my shoulder. That was it, I was out of the water in a seconds. One of my biggest fears is the stuff found in the water. I had forgotten about it because I haven't been to the beach in years. It's going to be difficult going back into the water because now it's in my brain. But I will overcome this...)

No comments: