Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Less Is More

In a world where you have access to so many things, what is enough. The more you desire, the more you will accumulate things that have already lost their value. There is something deeper than your desire to attain things, it may be the excitement of getting something that others have. Once that wanting is satisfied, you still may feel empty inside. Moving so quickly in life, talking endlessly without purpose, setting goals which satisfies your ego, these are all signs of living a life where purpose is not clear. There is a reason that less is more. In living a life that is simple, you appreciate all that you have. When you slow down, you will see things more clearly and life will begin to make sense again. Today, live only with the basics. How would life be without all the extras? Sometimes you need to change what surrounds you to get a better perspective of where you need to be.
Things are so much better when you can get it fresh...
 
(This past year, I've pared down my life so much. I feel so much better and it's definately become a lifestyle that I can continue. The challenge is that my old lifestyle can come back so easily if I let it. I find myself sometimes slipping into the fast track. I have to purposefully stop and ask myself if this is where I want to go. The answer has been "no", but this is still a work in progress. It is with concentrated effort that I am where I am today.)
 

No comments: