Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Acknowledging Your True Emotions

Although you'd like to live a balanced life, there are times when your emotions run high. They may seem to get the best of you and are difficult to control. After the drama has passed, you may feel guilt or remorse about your reactions to what has occurred. For many of us, we let our emotions take us to places where we normally wouldn't venture. As hard as you try, when in the moment you react instinctively and think later. If being honest, it is during these times that you are the most true to who you are. In order to understand yourself better, you must first acknowledge your true feelings. Your initial reactions are the most pure and tell us how you are feeling about the situation. If you keep your emotions hidden, they will turn up in the most inappropriate times. In some cases, you may over react because you haven't dealt with feelings that you've pushed aside. When you are true to who you are and what you are feeling, you can then develop stronger relationships. Today, be aware with what you are feeling. Are you reacting appropriately to the situations that are occurring? Be mindful about hurting others as you maneuver through your emotions. The more you understand yourself and how you are feeling, the more you become the compassionate person you are meant to be.
I know you're upset, but don't use me as target practice...
 
(I don't get upset that often, so when I do I really have to take the time to think about what is going on. About 100% of the time, it's about my preception of what is going on. Depnding how close I am to the person, they are usual clueless about how I feel. It's usually my family members or closest friends who know me well that will know that something is up. I guess the first step is to acknowledge what I feel and the second would be what to do with how I am feeling. Being honest with myself is not always easy.)

 

No comments: