Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Finding Peace In A Chaotic World

It's easy to get used to living in a chaotic world if that is all you know. You adapt to what you know to be true. For you the truth is so clear, but what may come out of the chaos is creating a false life. Moving to a pace that is not yours, may lead to confusion and disorientation. It may be that the only compass you have to lead you out of your busyness may be to listen to what your heart says to do. It's not an easy solution, but it's a good place to start. Today, gather your thoughts. Where do you want to begin? Focus your energy on creating a safe haven for yourself and leave the chaos to others. You deserve to live a serene and peaceful life.
A garden is a good place to begin to find peace...
 
(I think adapting to the chaos that surrounds me is one of the reasons that I forget what it is to be at peace. Once life starts moving me forward, I become a type A and quickly take on as many projects as I can. It's only been the last year or so that I've worked diligently on creating a peaceful life for myself. I don't use the word "work" loosely because it's been a uphill battle to release the control and relax. There is light at the end of the tunnel for us all.)

No comments: