Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Opening Yourself To Receive

Many of you are more comfortable in giving than receiving. You are taught as a child that it is better to give than to receive and you continue to reflect this as you become an adult. Whether it is help, kindness, or love, when you are not used to receiving, it may make you feel very uncomfortable. But this is an important part of learning more about ourselves and others. As we learn to receive, others learn to give. This is a part of the life cycle that never ends. Some may view the act of receiving as being selfish, but it is in this moment that others experience compassion. Today, give others the opportunity to give from their hearts. The more you receive, the more others will experience the joy of giving.There is a balance in life, that begins with giving and ends with receiving nothing more than yourself.
  These lemons are just about ready to be picked...
 
(It's so much easier for me to give then to receive. Growing up that's one of the things I was taught to do. It was an unspoken rule that I followed without thought. I don't think I've ever stopped to think how uncomfortable I feel to be on the receiving side, but I do. It's funny when we think about receiving things, we think about monetary or material value. But it's actually our spirit that needs a little help every once and awhile. I just need to remember to keep my arms open so that the things I need most in life, will flow more easily to me.)

No comments: