Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

When Life Gets In The Way

Sometimes no matter how much we try, we just can't seem to balance our life. We are told that in order to live a healthy life we should try to achieve balance in the things we do. To prioritize what is important to us and to ensure that we make time for ourselves. It seems easy enough, but then we become busy at work or we have a family crisis. There never seems to be a time when everything is insinc. Is it that we should be balancing what we have or develop the skills to balance the unexpected? For when we create peace in our life, it's actually only for that moment. Our priorities evolve as quickly as we make them. Instead of committing to balancing our life, we should be living our life with the committment to let life get in the way and to enjoy every minute of it. Today, just enjoy yourself. Leave the balancing up to those who enjoy the chaos. Be where you need to be.
No worries, just play...
 
(Sometimes when things get too overwhelming, just doing something relaxing gets my mind off what is bothering me. It's just recently that I've been okay with not balancing my life. I think getting myself into a space where I can make sense of the nonsense, makes me feel better. I know that this works different for everyone. So I wish for you all, a place where you feel whatever you want to feel.)
 

No comments: