Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Talking To A Wall

Sometimes no matter how good our intentions are, others may not be ready to accept our help. It may be difficult to understand why someone would turn away from us. It could be that they feel they already have the answers to their problems and want to resolve their situations by themselves. We shouldn't be surprised or hurt, if talking to them is like talking to a wall. By adding our non-solicited advice, we are not respecting their space to grow. At some point, we need to acknowledge that we don't have all of the answers. We need to remember to ask others if they need our help before jumping in and trying to solve the problems of the universe. Be compassionate of others, but respect their right for privacy. Today, listen. Observe how others communicate. Do they jump in before others finish speaking? How well of a listener are you? Be the friend, you want others to be to you.
Come walk with me in silence...
 
(Why do you ask me questions, if you don't want to hear my answers? Why talk to me, when you don't want to hear my voice? Why walk away as if I what I have to say has no meaning to you? Why try to change who I am to be someone less than who I deserve to be? Talking to a wall is less hurtful than speaking to someone who doesn't respect who I am and what I have to say.)
 

No comments: