Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

One Day

How often do we say "One day, I'm going to", but that "one day" never comes. It's not for our lack of trying to work these things into our busy schedule. Somehow they always get pushed aside by the priorites in our life at that time. But thinking back to the time when we said, "one day", what was it that we were experiencing that made us say these words. If we put together all the things that "one day" we'd like to do, we'd have a long list of things that may bring us joy. We often push aside what brings us happiness for what we feel we need to accomplish to have a successful life. But if we were to live for the moment instead of waiting for "one day", we may be doing what we were meant to do. Today, play to your heart's content. It's time to be the child that you've put aside for so long. You don't have to wait for "one day" because the moment is now.
These flowers are like exploding stars...
 
(Today, I found myself saying "One day, I'd like to come back to Seattle." I immediately wondered what would make me come back.  It was sad to think that my happiness wasn't reason enough. Seattle's beauty fills my spirit. Isn't that what matters. I think it would be a shift in thinking...including myself to the list of people I need to nurture. For otherwise, "one day" will never come.)
 

No comments: