Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Life Learning

We often hear we are students of life and that our experiences make us who we are. But how many times do we have to repeat the same lessons throughout our life. After about the third time, it gets a little frustrating because we're sure that we solved the issue that was presented to us. But as we know, nothing is ever that simple. It's not about overcoming our weaknesses, it's how well do we respond when it happens again. Are we doing the same thing that we've always done or do we acknowledge what is happening and do something different. Life learning is not only about what we've learned through our experiences, but how well we incorporate what we have learned in the moment. Today, take in all you can. For whether it's good or bad, you have the opportunity to learn. Make every moment count.
There is beauty in brick and mortar...
 
(I've always said I was a life long learner because I enjoy my academics. I never associated life learning with life lessons. If this is so, then my struggles will never end. Although I think I'm finally getting some of the lessons because I acknowledge what I'm going through a lot faster. But it doesn't make them any easier. Sometimes I wish I could get a syllabus or at least get a grade in how I'm progressing. If anything I've learned that there really is no end to my life as a student.)  
 

No comments: