Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finding Our Way Home

There are times in life when we get lost and lose our focus. What was clear to us just awhile back, no longer makes sense. Although we feel the same, we are not who we were yesterday. Since our experiences makes us who we are, we may find that we are not who we thought we were any more. Going through so many changes in a lifetime, being around familiar things may bring us comfort. We might not be able to stop the changes in our life, but we certainly can have a say as to where we'd like to be. No matter where it is that we call home, it will be the right place for us. There is feeling of peace, when we find ourselves back where we started. Today, find comfort where you are. Sometimes when you look too hard for a place to call home, you miss the very place you need to be. Find your way home by using your heart as your guide and you will never get lost again.
It's peaceful staying at a beach house on the Oregon coast...
 
(I never really thought about home as a place to be, until I moved away. It's not the house itself that I miss, but the peaceful feeling I have when I'm back. I think when I created a retreat where my spirit was free to heal, that's when I truly found my way home. I may be living in Maui for now, but my heart waits to return to Kailua.)
 

No comments: