Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Knowing What Works

Learning ways to calm ourselves is important for our self healing. There are many techniques, but finding one that is right for us is the key.  When seeking a balance in our life, we unconsciously create a place of healing for ourselves. A peaceful environment always seems to help ease our minds. But what happens when our life turns upside down. Can we still find the calm we seek in the middle of the storm? Knowing what works for us can help us through the chaos. Taking what we've learned and re-create it in a toxic environment. If our foundation is strong, we can find balance even in times of hardship. Finding a sense of peace is only a breath away. Today, practice deep breathing. You will see how your heartbeat can calm your emotions. By regulating your breathing, you can de-escalate the craziness around you. Be the serenity, you seek.
Donuts make me smile...
 
(I found ways to relax when my life was structured and organized. But now that life is more chaotic, it's integrating what I've learned. I find that in between the drama, I can take deep breaths which balances me. The secret is knowing what works for me even when the world is imploding on me. Relaxation is only a state of mind.)
 

No comments: