Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Seeing Through My Eyes

What we see so clearly may not be as clear to others. Coming from our perspective, we take it for granted that others see things the same way as we do. That's when we forgo explaining things, as well as, we could because it would be difficult describing something that to us is so obvious. But that's where the problem begins, when we assume that others see through our eyes. Miscommunication leads to frustration, which is challenging for even the best of relationships. It's knowing that only we can see through our eyes and it is up to us to learn to communicate in detail what we see, so there is no confusion. There is so much we can share and learn from each other, if we only have the patience. Today, hear what others have to say. You can learn so much by listening to others as they describe their experiences. Close your eyes and see what they see through their eyes.
Come spend the day with me...
 
(It's funny how easy it is to misunderstand what we say to each other. It's as if what is going on in my head, is not being relayed to anyone but myself.  Was it that I'm not communicating what I was thinking? And even then, how can I ever make you see what I see?  It's time to take a deep breath and begin again with the understanding that no one will ever see exactly what I see.)
 

No comments: