Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Road To Freedom

How much freedom do we allow ourselves, if we are always monitoring what we do? We create so many boundaries that prevent us from being who we are meant to be. We tell ourselves that we are following the universal path, but how many of us know exactly where it leads us? Because we are scared of doing wrong, we take little steps so that we don't fall. But it's in falling that we are free to make mistakes and grow. It's by experimenting and trying new things that we are free to have experiences that we never envisioned. If we allow ourselves the freedom to trust that the universe will support and nurture us, we may see that we have always had more options to choose from than we realized. Although the road to freedom may be challenging, it provides us the opportunity to be truly who we are meant to be. Today, take chances. Try at least one thing that may be pushing your boundaries. Give yourself the freedom to become.
It doesn't matter if others don't understand, create...
 
(There is a struggle that lay within me all the time of how much freedom do I allow myself. I think that the concept of being free to do as I wish is more complicated than I realized. For I can no more do what I want than to push aside my cultural values. Am I still free to be, if my decisions are made base on the good for all instead of one? I guess the point is that for me, I am free to choose who I want to be at this moment. No more, no less.)
 

No comments: