Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Gift Of The Spirit

Although the people we love pass on, they leave us with a gift of their spirit. Memories of our time with them stay with us long after they are gone. It only takes a second to recapture the moments we shared with them. We relive the time we spent with them, as if it were only yesterday. It doesn't seem to matter how long they've been gone, the emotions that we experience are still fresh in our mind. We were together before we were born and will find each other after we have passed on. We are not only our physical bodies, but of the universal spirit that flows through all of us. Know that when a loved one passes on, their spirit continues to be with us until we meet again. Today, acknowledge all the spirits that surround you. They are here to support you in all your endeavors and to watch over you. You are blessed with all spirits who love you.
Flowers for those we've loved...
 
(I truly believe that although our loved ones pass on, they are still with us. It gives me comfort knowing that they are watching over me. It also makes me think twice about the things that I do. I question what would they think about my decisions. It's funny that I think more about their opinion now that they are not here. I know that even if they are not here physically, their spirit still lingers on.- Mrs. W, your smile and laughter will always be etched in my mind.)
 

No comments: