Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Creating A Healing Environment

When we think about creating a healing environment, we tend to concentrate on our physical surroundings. How can we create a retreat that brings relaxation and peace to our life? Although aesthetics may calm our spirit, being around toxic people will destroy our efforts very quickly. We may overlook the negative people that we choose to be with, then wonder why our place of healing doesn't work as well as it should. When we create a healing environment, remember to include not only your physical surroundings but the people you choose to include in your life. Let your spirit guide you towards what heals your soul. Today, do what makes you feel good. Know that in order to find your source of enlightenment, you have to be true to yourself. Trust that you will find a place of healing when you gather the courage to ask for what you deserve.
Ocean life is calming to the soul...
 
(Creating a healing environment is more difficult than it would seem to be. When I decorated my home, I only thought about what would bring me peace and quiet. I didn't factor in my family. Which I should have because when everyone is home, it's chaotic. But now that I think about it, that kind of chaos is healing. Being around the people I love is the best retreat I can ask for. S, R, Q - can't wait to have a full house again!)
 

No comments: