Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Value of Traditions

When you're young, traditions are something that you're reminded about by your parents. It's not until you're an adult that you begin to choose what traditions have value to you. Whether it's celebrating certain holidays or continuing a cultural belief, you make decisions as to what you will bring with you on your journey. Some may challenge you or question your choice. It's not for you to defend yourself, for we are all unique. Believe in the traditions that are an important part of your life. Stand up for all that makes you the person you are today.
Make this moment a tradition..
 
(I didn't think much about traditions, until I had my children. It was at that time that holidays and cultural beliefs come into play. What will I pass on to them? What do I value that I'd like to instill in them? If I was challenged, would I stand up for what I believe? It's interesting that now that my children are young adults, they now tell me what traditions we feel we need to continue observing. Traditions are a wonderful way to keep family and friends together.) 
 

No comments: