Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Savoring The Moment

Days go by so quickly that they seem to blur. Where is the joy in life, if you can't recall the special moments. Moments that have you laughing and wishing they would never end. Days spent with friends and loved ones that you cherish and want to always remember. But as time goes by, so many things fade quickly from your memory. What you thought you would hold on to forever seems to be slipping away. So savor each moment as you are experiencing them, for they truly are what brings you happiness in life.
A Gallery Moment...
 
(I move so quickly that I have to remind myself to savor the moment. That's easier said than done. Stopping to experience what I am experiencing takes patience and self discipline. I hope to become better at this because to savor the moment is to give myself the gift of the present. Acknowledging and appreciating the present balances the inner me.) 
 
 

No comments: