Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Keeping Positive Around Negativity

Having a positive attitude is something to strive for, but may be difficult to maintain. We get up in the morning telling ourselves that we are going to have a positive day. But the moment we meet someone who annoys us, we revert back to our negative disposition. Being positive doesn't mean that we have to change who we are or that we have to be positive all the time. It's a way of looking at life with optimism. It's being open to all that is possible. When we surround ourselves with negativity, then we cease to learn. Life is about exploring what is around the corner and expecting adventures in all that we do. We can keep positive around negativity, when we believe in who we are and that we are where we are supposed to be. Today, eat your desert before your meal. There is no one watching you while you bend the rules. It's difficult to be negative, when you are having fun.
Enjoy the day, while it's still here...
 
(I think that being positive is not all or nothing. It's between believing that people are generally good and watching your step before you trip. It's a lifestyle that I've adapted and seems to work for me. I understand that there is a plan for me and all that I experience is part of that. And if that's so, then why wouldn't I be positive because I'm always where I'm supposed to be.)
 

No comments: