Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Life Is Like A Carnival

Imagine you're at a carnival, what ride would you choose to go on? Some  choose the fastest and scariest ride, while others would head straight for the ferris wheel. Whereas, there are a few of us who don't ride at all. We're happy keeping our feet on the ground, where it stays firmly planted. Life is like a carnival, we decide how daring or safe we want it to be. Know that the more freedom we give ourselves to experience different things, the more we're open to be just who we were meant to be. We have the opportunity to live the life we envision, if we believe that we have the power to choose.
Ferris wheels are my favorite ride...
 
(I play it pretty safe when I go to carnivals. I head straight for the food booths and don't care to ride. In fact, I don't remember the last carnival I went to. If life is like a carnival, then I'm not a very fun person. In fact, I'd say I was pretty boring. What does this say about my life? I'll have to think about this a little more.)

 

No comments: