Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

We Are Who We Are

So many of us try so hard to be someone else that we forget who we are. We may find ourselves copying others because we don't have the courage to be ourselves. We put together a picture that we think is perfect, but it is only a combination of who we think we should be. There comes a time at one point, that we have to look in the mirror and see who we truly are. No matter how many imperfections we see, we are all unique. Faults or not, we are here for a purpose and we have a lifetime to find out how perfect we are. Today, be gentle with yourself. You have been given the gift of life, so appreciate how wonderful you are.
Life is sometimes surreal...
 
(Although I've slowed down alot, there are times when I get caught up with the busyness of life. It sometimes sneaks up on me and before I know it, I'm up and running again. It's not like I'm copying anyone in particular. I guess it's listening to the wrong things in life. Being busy doesn't always mean that we are successful. Sometimes it just means that we are too busy to listen to our spirit. I have to remind myself how important it is for me to just be me.)

No comments: