Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Forgotten Promises

How many times in the midst of despair do we send promises out to the universe? We ask for help to guide us through the dark and make promises that we soon forget. Long after the dark moments are gone and our memories are less sharp, we move on in our life. As soon as the sun shines, we look to happier times. The promises that were sent out with tears and the commitments we made are now faded memories. Although we may have forgotten, our words linger on and are now part of the universal energy. Our words are as powerful as our actions, especially when said with a strong desire. We are no longer children making promises that we don't mean to keep. For it is in the promises that we make that we acknowledge the importance of our words and are thankful for the blessings that will be part of our life and the lives of our loved ones. Today, think of the promises that you have made to yourself and to others. Are you committed to seeing them through? Work through each one as diligently as you would any other task. For in keeping your promises,you are working along side the universe in helping yourself and others.
How can we get so busy that we forget to play...
 
(I'm very conscious about making promises or committing myself to something. The last time I did, I promised to write daily. I never thought about my words until afterwards, then I realized what a huge committment I made. I'm still very hard on myself if I miss a day. Think about it. Whether I'm sick, traveling or on a holiday, I still need to write. A promise is a promise. I've given myself some leeway, but not too much. I'm much smarter now. If I'm going to make a promise or commit to something, it will only be for a short period of time. A lifetime is too long for me.)
 

No comments: