Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's Time For Nothingness

Moving around so quickly in life, we sometimes overlook the small details  that make our life what it is.We don't seem to have the time to enjoy what we have because we are always trying to achieve more. Often times we are so busy that doing nothing seems uncomfortable. Some of us may even feel we are useless when we have nothing to do. But we forget that in the nothingness, we may have time to find out what we truly want in life. In the nothingness, we may find that we have everything we need to be ourselves. Today, be still in your own body. No movement or sound is necessary to be able to communicate with the universe. Learn to be comfortable with the silence. For in the quietness, you will hear universal messages that are meant only for you.
Walk with me before the tide returns...
 
(It's hard for me to be still when there is so much to do in life. It's like having an agenda, then someone taking it away. I think for some of us, being still and doing nothing is a learnt skill. It comes with practice like anything else. I am beginning to understand that in the nothingness I am able to be me. This is something that I need to work on to bring a peaceful existence into my life. I'm ready to receive what the universe has planned for the second part of my life.)

No comments: