Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Letting Your Inner Spirit Shine

When asked to describe your inner spirit, how would you respond? Many of us may give a definition of what the spirit is or even try to describe what it means to us. But by just looking in a mirror, we can easily see our spirit reflecting back at us. As best as some of us may try, we can not hide what is within us. Our spirit is part of who we are and the light that shines from within definately breaks through. So the mixed emotions that we are feeling are reflected in our faces. Many of us, because of our busy lives, never take the time to notice what is there for us to see. We may get glimpses of what is hidden, but then doubt ourselves because in looking again, we only see the mask that we tend to wear when we don't want people to look to close for fear of what they might see. It's time to look in the mirror and see who we truly are. By taking off the mask, we accept not only the spirit that lies within us but the person who we have become. Today, be honest about how you are feeling. You are who you are supposed to be at this time. There is no mistakes in life, only experiences that help us to grow. Let the spirit within you shine through.
You can't help but smile when there is so much beauty...
 
(I sometimes have to remind myself that I can't hide my feelings very well. Whether I'm happy, sad, or upset, it will reflect in my face. It's funny how the spirit within us wants us to be honest with our feelings, but there is a difference between us knowing and letting everyone else know. But I guess that's the point, we can't truly hide. So I need to work harder at balancing my life, so I have peace in my heart.)

No comments: