Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Walking Around Blindly

You never know how important your senses are until you lose them. There is no thought or concern about your health until something compromises your ability to move about independently. You do not think about what seems to be minor because it's a gift you've always had. Once you lose the ability to see or hear clearly, the world around you becomes much more difficult to maneuver. Where your path was once clearly defined, you are now taking steps more deliberately. You pause to see if the direction you are headed in is the way you intended. What seemed so clear before is now out of focused. You tend not to appreciate what you have until it is gone. The lesson is clear, to be mindful of the gifts you have been given or least it may be taken from you. Today, go through your day with appreciation. Open your eyes to the beauty that surrounds you. Hear the sounds of the busyness that brings life to your day. Spend the day, enjoying what the universe has blessed you with. There is purpose to everything that life offers you.
Nature is always more beautiful when we see with our own eyes...
 
(Having to go without my glasses for a few days is teaching me how valuable my eyesight is. Not being able to clearly make out things gets very frustrating. Instead of working through about ten different tasks as I walk, I need to concentrate where I am. Oh my goodness, this is a lesson isn't it. Too much multi-tasking has taken away my ability to be in the present. I wonder if the enormity of this lesson reflects how hard headed I am, if so I need watch where I'm walking for a few days.)

No comments: