Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Being Present

You may think that by moving quickly in life you'll get a lot accomplished, but you will also be missing a great deal. There are so many things that if you just glance in another direction for just a moment, you miss what is occurring. There is no time to lose when something of importance is happening. You won't know when it's happening unless you are present in the moment. You've learned to multi-task but all it has gotten you is missed opportunities. You can not be in two places at one time. What is accomplished when you try to do too much at one time? You put yourself on a time table that is impossible to meet, but you don't have the courage to change your course. Don't hinder your progress by setting yourself up to fail. Take the time to be where you need to be. The present is where you should be, to do what you need to do. Today, be mindful of being present. Don't spread yourself so thin that you accomplish nothing. There is a time and place for everything. If you listen to your heart, you will know exactly where you need to be to do what you need to do. Be patient for everything is waiting for you.
Time looks different to everyone...

(It's difficult for me to stay present because I'm always thinking at least five steps ahead. It's a struggle for me because once I forsee what is going to happen, I'm moving ahead to the next task. I'm not sure what I can do to change this, but theoretically I understand the importance of being present because no matter how much we think we know what will happen, it never does. A good indication of how much I'm in the moment is remembering what happened. I would so flunk that because it's like I wasn't even there. My mind left before things play out. More to work on.)

No comments: