Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Written Word

With the world moving so quickly, technology has had to keep up with your need to communicate at the same speed. You want a response to your questions and replies to your messages in seconds. In moving so quickly, you lose the true emotions that need to come with thought. You don't give yourself time to reflect upon your messages, so in turn there are many things that are misunderstood between all of you. There is a break down of communication because you are moving too quickly. Everything is being instantly transported, so there is no time to think clearly. It is time to stop and write your thoughts. There is value in sending someone your written words, for there is not only thought put into the message but it also includes the energy of which you intend. There is much power in the written word. Use it wisely and you will quickly see the value of what you write. Today, send someone a written note. Take the time to reflect upon what you write. You can bring much joy to someone in very little words. Your thoughts will carry healing energy much further than the use of technology. It's time for you to get back to the basics.
The love of writing begins at the very beginning...
 
(Although I love to write, I sometimes forget the value of sending cards to people. I enjoy looking for the perfect card. I believe that cards often times choose their intended receiver. You know when you'e selected the right card because it feels right. Then writing my message inside the card takes another turn because I usually write too much. There is so much to say that I fill the card. Words are so important to me and I feel there is healing energy that we pass on when we send the written word to others.I think I'll send more cards in the coming year.)

No comments: