Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Okay To Like Yourself

Think how far you could go if you come from a good place in your heart. There would be no worries about how others feel about you because you'd know that you can only be who you are. This is not about ego or an extension of self. It is comes from only pure thought, that you like who you are as a person. Coming from a place of doing no harm and becoming a better person by your actions leads you to a place of serenity. There will always be doubts about yourself, but your baseline would be that of assurance that you are not out to harm anyone. You walk a fine line as a person who wants to help others, for how much confidence do you show before it offends others. No one can be a better judge of who you are but yourself. You are here to follow your path and be genuine to your purpose. Today, be comfortable with who you are. Think how far you've come on your path and far you will go by the end of the year. This year is moving quite quickly and you can still make difference. Go where your heart leads you and don't live in fear. You never have to doubt your actions and censure the conversations you have with others because you know that your heart is pure.
I'm so impatient, I want to eat them already...

(Knowing who I am and believing who I can be are two different things. I like myself and who I am, but sometimes I question my motives in doing things. I understand that no one is perfect, but what is perfection but a subjective state of being. So I guess it comes down to doing what I feel is right and living with the consequences of my actions. I need to think about this one a little more.)

No comments: