Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's Okay To Be Yourself

Sometimes the most difficult thing in life is to be yourself. There are so many pressures that surround you that it's hard to be who you are when you're different from the norm. But if you think about it, aren't most people different from each other. What is the norm, but everyone trying to be alike. Sometimes in standing up for who you are may be difficult but it may need to be done if you want to feel good about yourself. Sometimes it's easier to cave into the pressures at work or with friends. But know in the long run when you're just being who you are, you are walking your own path. You choose where your journey takes you, not someone else. If you find that you are no longer where you should be, take a look at who you have been following. You can always change the course of where you are going. You will find that athough your path is very different from others, it is the right one for you. Today, take a moment to see where you are. Are you where you would like to be or are you living someone else's dream? Even if you don't know where you are supposed to be, you do know where you don't want to be. Have the courage and strength to be who you truly were meant to be.
You don't need to know much about bikes, to know these are beautiful...

(I don't often think about things I'd like to do, then think twice about it because of what people would say. In my case, I'm my worst critic and I tend to be more of a conservative than others around me. But then there are days, when I want to explode the moment. A few weeks ago, I was looking in the sky and I saw 2 parachuters. I thought ,"That looks so peaeful,  I'd like to try that." One of my daughters did and she had a blast. I think it's one of those things that we end up doing on a special occasion. I'll have to think about this a little more.)

No comments: