Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Different Perspective

Sometimes you may wake up feeling out of sorts. Although you know who you are, you aren't quite sure of how you feel. It's as if you are doing what you've always done, yet you are watching your actions from afar. Being a part who you are, yet separate. On days like these, you can view yourself objectively. Are your actions selfless or are you coming from a strong ego perspective. Do you seek only satisfaction for yourself or is there a part of you that is compassionate for others. It's not often that you have an opportunity to view yourself from the outside. So take advantage of these special days and change what needs to be changed in order to take better care of not only yourself but others. Today, see where you are. Can you see yourself objectively or are you living your life as you normally do? Having a different perspective can only help you to see more clearly. Appreciate days when you out of sorts, for you can do so much with the information you gain.
You don't have to understand why, just enjoy looking at them...
 
(When I saw these rocks, I thought they were so beautiful. I'm not sure what they mean but I know that people put a lot of time and effort selecting them and making sure they don't fall. As more people came, they continued to do the same. No one had a thought to destroy the rocks that were already there. There was like an unspoken rule to respect what others had left behind. Thinking outside of myself, I find that I am my worse critic. I should be like the rocks and have no judgement just respect what I have done for sometimes I don't have a reason that I do what I do.)

No comments: