Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

It seems the more plans that you make, the more your life gets disrupted. Being organized seems to help you towards fulfilling your goals, but what happens when your plans go awry. Are you flexible enough to change your direction midstream or do you get so upset that it hinders your journey. Sometimes you may feel as if you are open to changes, but the closer your plans are to your heart's desires, the more it will affect you if your plans don't go in the direction you'd like it to. There is a moment where you feel as if you are in limbo. Where time stands still, for you don't know what to do next. This is the best time to re-evaluate where you are and where you'd like to go. Although it's an uncomfortable place to be because you'd like to continue moving on your path, if you don't stop to reassess every once and awhile you may end up in a place far different from where you intended. Be open to the changes that come your way and you will see that the universe never places you where you are not meant to be. Today, stop and assess your plans for the future. Is this where you want to be? Listen closely to the voice within you and let it lead you on your journey.
Our path is never straight...
 
(I find it frustrating when I think my life is headed in a certain direction so I make plans accordingly, then for whatever reason it changes. What the hey, it takes time for me to readjust for it's not only my plans that need to be changed but more importantly it's my mind. Since I put everything into what I'm doing, I need to rethink if I feel the same way about what is happening. That takes time, which I sometimes don't have. I have to remember, I am where I'm supposed to be.) (Happy Birthday B!)
 

No comments: