Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Being Still

In a world moving so quickly, sometimes you may not hear your own voice. The voice that guides you to where you need to be or let's you know what you should be doing. Voices can become intertwined, so that you can hardly distinguish between yours and another's. You become confused, then move aimlessly through life. Just trying to keep up with the tasks you've created keeps you so busy that it's difficult to think. Your mind gets cloudy and your focus becomes blurred. Moving too quickly doesn't give you time to refocus. It's moments like these that you should be still. Being still gives you an opportunity to see where you are and to decide if this is where you should be. Only in the stillness can you hear the voice that guides you to do right. Today be quiet and listen to the voice within you. Hear what it has to say to you. Since it's been awhile since you've stopped to pay attention, the message you hear may be unfamiliar. Know that as you listen more, the voice will become stronger. Stay on your path and opportunities will open to you.
Sometimes we just need to sit and watch life go by...
 
(I know when I don't listen to my own voice, times goes by really fast. I get caught up in my daily life that if I don't catch myself I find myself in a rut. It's a time when I'm not so willing to change and I become too comfortable in the life I've created. But the universe being what it is, always shakes things up and moves my life around whether I like it or not. And then it becomes the voice within me that has to guide me back to where I need to be.) 
 

No comments: